We are excited to announce our first official pilot program for Crossfit Kids Silicon Valley, AKA the Little Lions!
Our certified CrossFit Kids coach Becky Chaitesipaseut will be leading the program. CrossFit kids is designed to be fun in order to aid in the athletic development of our children. We are passionate and dedicated to bring the importance of physical activity to our young population. The program is designed to target the same ten crossfit fundamentals with a greater emphasis on fun for our children. Our two week Little Lions pilot program will run on the following days beginning at 4:15:
- Tuesday, September 11
- Wednesday, September 12
- Friday, September 14
- Tuesday, September 18
- Wednesday, September 19
- Friday, September 21
If you have child(ren) that are interested, please contact Becky at Becky@crossfitsv.com by Friday, September 7th.
Crossfit Kids FAQ's
- q. How will the program be structured?
- a. We will host three 45 minute sessions per week that will be led by our CF Kids certified instructor. Classes will consist of children between the ages of 3 and 12.
- q. What is the objective of the Crossfit Kids Silicon Valley program?
- a. We want to make fitness and exercise FUN for our children so that they will continue a lifetime of healthy habits.
- q. How will parents be involved?
- a. The CF kids certified instructor has been a member of Crossfit Silicon Valley for over two years and has come to know the community of parents very well; they will play an active role in their child(ren’s) participation in the classes.
- q. How will discipline be enforced?
- a. The CF kids certified instructor will meet with all parents participating in the CF kids program prior to launch to ensure a strong disciplinary plan of action is in place.
- q. How will success of the program be measured?
- a. The CF kids certified instructor will conduct periodic check-ins and surveys with parents and participants of the CF kids program (every six months ideally).
- q. What is the most important objective of the CF kids program at CSV?
- a. FUN first and foremost.
- q. What is the short term goal of the CSV Kids program?
- a. Consistency and fitness.
- q. What is the long term goal of the CSV Kids program?
- a. To instill passion within our children for fitness and a healthy lifestyle that will last a lifetime.
- q. How will the CSV Kids program address special needs?
- a. The CSV certified instructor will work closely with the children(s) parents to determine an appropriate plan of action; in addition, he/she will use their expertise and judgment to carry out that plan.
WOD A: Jackie
- 1000m Row
- 50 - 45lbs Thrusters
- 30 Pull Ups
Post total time.
WOD B: Muscle-ups, Box Jumps
10-8-6-4-2 reps of:
- Box Jumps (40")
Post total time.
Log results to your CSV BEYOND THE WHITEBOARD account.