If you drink coffee, drink an additional 16oz of water per Philz large. If you drink alcohol, pre-hydrate and drink at least 8 oz of water per alcoholic beverage. With the extra heat in the Summer months, make sure you drink at least 24oz of water per hour of exercise. A loss of 2% bodyweight due to dehydration can reduce performance by 10-20%.
You should drink at least .5 to 1 X your body weight in ounces per day since your WOD regularly.
0.5 X is on the low end and 1 X is on the high end.
For example, If you weigh 150 lbs, you should drink between 75-150 ounces of water per day.
General Guidelines for Fluid Needs During Exercise
While specific fluid recommendations aren't possible due to individual variability, most athletes can use the following guidelines as a starting point, and modify their fluid needs accordingly.
Hydration Before Exercise
- Drink about 15-20 fl oz, 2-3 hours before exercise
- Drink 8-10 fl oz 10-15 min before exercise
Hydration During Exercise
- Drink 8-10 fl oz every 10-15 min during exercise
- If exercising longer than 90 minutes, drink 8-10 fl oz of a sports drink (with no more than 8 percent carbohydrate) every 15 - 30 minutes.
Today is a scheduled rest day. For many of us, it is MUCH NEEDED! If inclined, come in today and fortify your strengths and work on what needs extra attention or just mobilize and stretch. If you missed a day this week or last week, we recommend making up one of the fun WODs to compare and contrast results.
- REMINDER: THURSDAYS The CSV Box closes at 7:30PM
- Check out our up to date Google Calendar class schedule: http://www.crossfitsv.com/schedule/
- The NOVICE CLASSES are NOW HELD THROUGHOUT THE DAY TODAY (THURSDAYS). This will give new CrossFitters a strong foundation to build on- especially if you are a new member in our community and just starting your CrossFit journey.
“Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” ― Bruce Lee