And now for another part of the large equation of health and fitness: nutrition. Everyone loves throwing weights around and one-upping their counterparts in one of the various character/team-building WODs, but what about the fuel required to do so? Crossfit demands proper and efficient movement at high intensity and sometimes high volume and though sound programming will yield progress in these domains, it is largely nutrition that allows for the consistency of such progress.
So what and how should you eat? The state of the fitness industry has left clients misinformed. Getting to talk to many of the members at CSV I realize the spread of knowledge regarding food in conjunction with performance and/or aesthetics. My recommendation is to self-educate and let go of rigid notions. Don’t leave your health in the hands of magazines and television shows. Take the time to regularly learn something new about nutrition and expand your knowledge base.
Below are some articles to get you started!
Today is a scheduled rest day. For many of us, it is MUCH NEEDED! If inclined, come in today and fortify your strengths and work on what needs extra attention or just mobilize and stretch. If you missed a day this week or last week, we recommend making up one of the fun WODs to compare and contrast results.
- CSV will host a 9AM HERO WOD on Memorial Day this coming Monday, May 28. We will be closed the rest of the day.
- REMINDER: THURSDAYS The CSV Box closes at 7:30PM
- Make sure you get your shirt or hoodie online store!
- Check out our up to date Google Calendar class schedule: http://www.crossfitsv.com/schedule/
- The NOVICE CLASSES are NOW HELD THROUGHT THE DAY TODAY (THURSDAYS). This will give new CrossFitters a strong foundation to build on. If you are a new member in our community and just starting your CrossFit journey.
"Many things--such as loving and going to sleep--are done worst when we try the hardest to do them." — C.S. Lewis
"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
— C.S. Lewis