A few words on NUTRITION:
Get back on the WAGON. Remember, our ZONE DIET is an effective anti-inflammatory diet with fish oil. How disciplined are you to follow the basic principles to experience the benefits? Do you have a certain "ITIS", a shoulder "Bursitis" knee inflammation that is just not healing fast enough while hindering your workouts? It is important to remember nutrition plays a critical role staying injury free.
We suggest you hop back on the wagon and find balance in your day with sleep/rest and WODs. There are many iterations of an anti-inflammatory diet like the Mediterranean Diet and The ZONE DIET.
We witnessed some amazing results from our FitWagon program from those who followed it closely for the two months. We can revisit the main ideas of the program that was a typical ZONE DIET while adjusting protein, carb, and fat ratios.
Use this link as a base and follow for a month, and then adjust per workout results and recovery:
This program is PROVEN to deliver time and again the best results with our WOD Programming. The Zone Diet accelerates and amplifies the effects of our CrossFit Regimen.
Here is a reminder of some general guidelines:
- Eat lean meats, protein and seafood such as turkey, eggs, and salmon
- Eat good fats such as nuts, seeds, olives, and avocados
- Eat lots of Vegetables and fewer fruits
- Limit and measure out refined carbohydrates such as rice, bread, and pasta.
- Eat a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, such as fish or fish oil supplements and walnuts
***CUT OUT SUGAR including the ARTIFICIAL KIND***
- Protein should be lean and varied and account for about 30% of your total caloric load.
- Carbohydrates should be predominantly low-glycemic and account for about 40% of your total caloric load.
- Fat should be predominantly monounsaturated and account for about 30% of your total caloric load.
- Calories are between .7 and 1.0 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass depending on your activity level. The .7 figure is for moderate daily workout loads, and the 1.0 figure is for the hardcore athlete.
The Zone Diet neither prohibits nor requires any particular food. It can accommodate paleo or vegan, organic or kosher, fast food or fine dining while delivering the benefits of high-performance nutrition. Notice today's blog is not just about losing weight. We will see workout performance increase and see a noticeable difference in overall health and "ITIS" free in a matter of weeks.
Weigh and measure for the first month and you develop an uncanny ability to estimate the mass of common food portions. More importantly, you will have formed a keen visual sense of your nutritional needs which is a profound awareness.
You will find an ability to build meals around foods you enjoy and create a sustainable nutrition lifestyle. We can all get behind this basic drug free, ANTI-INFAMMATORY way of life and compare with and support each other!